Monday, February 21, 2005

Much rain yesterday. I don't watch the news, but I've heard that the storms killed three people. But this morning, it looked like it was going to be a much less rainy day.

So we jumped out of bed, ran and got bagels and coffee at House of Bagels, and then drove to San Francisco. Our final destination? Stowe Lake in the heart of Golden Gate Park. We rented a rowboat and went around the perimiter of the whole lake. We saw many turtles sunning themselves, mallards and cormorants and gulls floating. At one point we had a flock of gulls swiming along behind us in the wake of our bark. We rowed past the Japanes Pagoda, under the "Roman" bridge and the old "rustic" bridge. We avoided the speed demons in the paddle boats. (We didn't rent one because they cost an extra $2 per hour and besides, we weren't in a hurry.) It's funny, all the years I lived here I've never been rowing on the lake. Today was the first time for all three of us. I wish we had taken a camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous

Matteo said...

Matt, did you hear about Gene Scott passing away?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/02/22/national/a015559S68.DTL

Matt said...

Yeah, I did hear about G.S. death today. Jeff called me to let me know. How did you know I was a "fan"?

Jealous people, If you knew how much housing costs here you wouldn't be jealous.