Sunday, February 13, 2005

BARF!!!!!

What is going on?!?! Has Rome lost its mind? When I first saw this I was embarassed for the priest. Then I started giggling. But now I feel kinda sad. I hope this never happens in the Orthodox Church. I doubt it would be Orthodox anymore. Why? Because, the focus would no longer be on God but on the feelings of the congregants. But the trumpets have a nice effect... if you're Johnny Cash looking for a brass accent to use on Ring of Fire.

And as long as we are on the topic of trumptes, Johnny Cash, and are right around the corner from St. Valentine's Day (yes, he is a real person.) I thought I'd point you in the direction of this episode of This American Life. The shows topic is love. One of the love stories it tells is that of Johnny Cash and June Carter. It will make you laugh so hard you pee your pants if you're a girl. Men, feel free to roll on the floor and cackle uncontrolably.

Props to Erica for pointing out the dance-along Gospel procession.

No comments: