Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I love Khouria Frederica

I do. I really do. Her book Corner of East and Now was one of my first encounters with Holy Orthodoxy. But I just have one question. Is there anything anywhere in the universe that she does not have a hand in?
Here are a few of the things she does...
A. NPR commentator
B. Khoria at a church back east
C. Pro-life activist
D. Author of several books
E. Reader for the blind
F. Lecturer
G. Grandmother
H. Contributor to Beliefenet.com, Christianity Today, First Things, and Touchstone magazines
I. film review for Our Sunday Visitor
J. Contributor to National Review Online
K. Book reviewer for the Los Angeles Times
and now this...member of the editorial advisory board of CruxMag.

When does she sleep?!?!

3 comments:

Karl said...

I've always wondered where she finds the time myself....amazing.

Matt said...

Yeah. She's just amazing. A few years ago, when I became a catechumen I wrote to her and thanked her for her book. I didn't expect a response. When I received one I was not only surpised by the fact of the response, but by the kind and personal words.

I heard or read somewhere that she has a bone disease that interferes with worship. I hope she gets better.

layne (herman) said...

i do not know if she still is... but in 1999 she was a "senior writer and editor for Big Idea Productions, which produces the children's videos, Veggie Tales."

does anyone know if she still is involved with Big Idea?