Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What Anselm Ate Today

2 sausage links*
1.5 eggs (Basil had the other 1.5 eggs)
4 tangerines
1/3 of a baguette (Basil and I ate the rest)
1/2 peanut butter and honey sandwich (I had the other half)
1/2 griled cheese sandwich (Basil had the other half)
2 celery stalks
1 carrot
4 lenten cookies**
1/2 of an apple (I had the other half)
1 pint of milk
1 cup of yogurt
Unknown amount of dried pineapple

And he has already place his order for breakfast tomorrow: baked yams and squash.

I am amazed by how much he eats.


* In our parish children under seven are exempt from dietary requirements of the Church's fasts. This makes it difficult for parents. I've discovered that the key is cooking less than they will eat. That way there are no leftovers to tempt me.

** Our closest grocery store sells really yummy date, anise, and sesame cookies that are totally fast-friendly.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

My youngest is like that - he's a Hobbit, he likes first breakfast, second breakfast, etc.