Thursday, December 20, 2007

Do you think you're capable of being the King of Narnia?

That's what Aslan asked Caspian. Essentially, the question was, "Are you worthy?" Casipian answered something like, "I don't think I am, Sir." That was the right answer, and Aslan made him King over Narnia.

-----

Being at the center of attention clearly bothers Paul. "I like to be unnoticed," he says, a claim not typically made by presidential candidates. "That's my personality. I see all the excitement and sometimes I say to myself, 'Why do they do that?' I don't see myself as a big deal." Ordinarily you'd have to dismiss a line like that out of hand--if he's so humble, why is he running for president?--but, in Paul's case, it might be true. In fact, it might be the key to his relative success. His fans don't read his awkwardness as a social phobia, but as a sign of authenticity. (Read the whole article here.)

----
New Hampshire Primary Update: Paul has leap-frogged over Fred (The Lobbyist) Thompson and is tied for 4th place. Considering there are 9 candidates running, this is pretty good news. Even better news is that Paul is sitting at 9%. He only needs 10% to win a delegate to the convention next summer.

No comments: