Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bunk, Bunk, Bunk

Yesterday my neigbor remarked how the weather forcast said 7 days of continual rain but we only had two. I said, "Whats remarkable is that they can't predict rain a week out but expect us to be afraid of global warming. She was shocked that I would say sometinglike that.

----

"...Dr Renwick said his organisation was doing
as well as any other weather forecaster around the world. He was quoted
by the country’s leading newspaper, the New Zealand Herald as saying:
“Climate prediction is hard, half of the variability in the climate system is
not predictable, so we don’t expect to do terrifically well.” Later on New
Zealand radio, Dr Renwick said: “The weather is not predictable beyond
a week or two.”" Read the whole article here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you just being hopeful that predictions of global warming are inaccurate?

Matt said...

No. At first Ikind of thought it mught be true. But as I saw the groups of people I distrust line up behind the cause, and when I found out about the Hockey Stick fraud (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1010630/posts ) and then when I began hearing about scientists being silenced by global warming hysteria promoters I discarded the the idea as a lie.

Aso, I had been thinking that, maybe, global warming would be the cause of the calamities prophecied,in the Bible. But God will do those things, not Man. Just like the Judgement on Egypt, there will be no room for douby about the cause of those dreadful events.

This does not mean that I think we should fire of 10,0000 new coal fired power plants. My disbelief in manmade global warming does not mean that I also disbelieve in the ill effects of sulfer-dioxide pollution.