Friday, September 21, 2007

This is not encouraging

"Other studies have shown that college students are much more likely to vote and be civically engaged than non-students, she adds."

Since the college students failed a very basic civics test, this is nothing to be excited about. In fact, it rather irks me that the people who scored so badly on this test are from elite universities and are going to be fast-tracked into running our society. We might as well have an addle-brained hereditary peerage.

(In case you are wondering, I got a 93.33% and am kicking myself for the 4 questions I got wrong because they were things EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD KNOW!!!)

Hat tip to Mateo for pointing mentioning the test on his blog.)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Reminds me why I was an European and not an American History major. But I passed anyway.