Saturday, September 01, 2007

Death

This is pretty neat. St. Vladimir's Seminary Press has made available audio from their summer institute on death.

This is pretty gross. One can have a corpse transformed into a diamond. I'm not making this up. What's wrong with a coffin?

I just recently watched Master and Commander on DVD. (We have a new iMac Duo.) There was a funeral scene in that movie that had me in tears. The movie is worth renting. Perhaps, it is not for young children.

My friend Jeff, with whom I used to blog received some bad news today. His dad has inopperable cancer. It looks pretty grim. If you get a chance, please, pray for Bill.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bill, I will keep him in my prayres.

My sister wants to make my mother into a diamond - can you see me banging my head against the wall? I cannot imagine anything grosser. Bury me, please.

Matt said...

SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!
I am so sorry for you, Mimi. I hope this is resolved quickly and peacefully.

Mimi said...

My mom is still living, so it's not an immediate issue.

I suspect, sadly, she'll get her wish, and I'll end up just praying a lot.