Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cookies

After dropping my wife off at work the boys and I went to visit my mother. She seems to be doing better, given all of her horrible health problems. Basil runs to her and gives her a big hug every time he sees her. We visited for a little over an hour. Then we when to the library and then grocery shopping.
We got home a little after lunch time. I made taquitos for the boys but they didn't like them. Then it was time for Basil's nap. Getting him to take a nap is sooooo difficult. It is always preceeded with much wailing, many tears, and no small amount of thrashing. It is horrible. But eventually he falls asleep. While he was sleeping I helped Anselm make chocolate chip cookies. When Basil woke up we took the cookies to mommy's work. The guards at the gate (she works at the SLACC Guesthouse, inside the perimeter of a U.S. Dept. of Energy laboratory operated by Stanford University) got some cookies (they always are nice to the boys when we go through the gate.) but most of them went to my wife's employees. Anselm took them in while I waited in the car with Basil. According to Anselm they were pleased.
Then Cyndi and the Boys and I went out for Chinese food. It was good. Chef Chu is deservedly famous. (Only, I don't like his egg rolls.)THen Cyndi brought the boys and I home while she went back to her office to work on a paper for school. I watched Millions with the boys and got them into bed. Now I am starting in on my school work. Oh my. What a life.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

What a life indeed! I'm so glad your mom is doing better, she's been in my prayers.