Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This Day

Well, I didn't get to bed until after 2 this morning. Then Basil was awake at 6:11 a.m. We read books (The Runaway Rice Cake, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, Stone Soup, Chicken Soup With Rice, You Are My I Love You, Love You Forever, Katy and the Big Snow, The Runaway Bunny, and several others.) until Anselm woke up about 8 a.m. Then morning prayers followed by oatmeal, toast and bananas for breakfast. Then Anselm did some school work as I re-read some books to Basil.

At 10 a.m. Anselm had his science class. (THey are still on acids and bases. Anselm has a whole collection of lab equipment now.) so I drove him to that. During that hour Basil and I went to the library and the park.

After we picked up anselm at science we came home and I made the boys lunch of sardines on toast, dolmas, hummus and pita, and sparkling water. Then it was nap time. An hour and a half later we woke up and it was almost time to take Anselm to his acting class. On the way there we stopped by Peet's and I got them milk and a peanut butter cookie to share. I had iced coffee, black.

After dropping Anslem off at acting Basil and I went to Mitchell Park, the one I mentioned a few days ago. When we picked Anselm up an hour later it seemed like a good time for ice cream, so we went to Rick's. Anselm hand pumpkin, and Basil had strawberry. Wow! What a mess!!! Good thing we were sitting on the sidewalk where it didn't matter too much.

Then we came home and I popped the 1970 Television version of "Horton Hears a Who" DVD int the computer and tried to do some of my school reading. That did not work out too well, since Basil lost interest in the movie about 5 minutes into it. I read and re-read and re-re-re-re-read The Best Mouse Cookie to him while Anselm watched the movie. After the movie, Anselm did some more school work while I read some more books (I don't remember which) to Basil.

Then it was time (6:30 p.m.) to go get mommy at her office. I picked up burritos at La Bamba on the way. When we got home, she did the dishes while I got the boys ready for bed. Then Athanasia did evening prayers with them and got them into bed, and then went to bed herself, while I swept and mopped the kitchen floor.

Starts again in 6 hours.

Not a bad life.

If you get a chance, please pray for Athanasia tomorrow. She has two different things going on at work that are causes of great stress for her. Also, she has a job interview in another department of the University at 1 P.M. tomorrow.

Update: Thank you for your prayers. The interview went very very well. She has a second interview on Friday. Even if she doesn't get the job, this interview has done much to encourage her. As for the other things, the yucky things she is dealing with at work, well, they still exist.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy. Keep us posted!

Matt said...

My wife has a second interview scheduled for Friday, 10 a.m.

Lifedreamed said...

congratulations to her on securing a second interview.

Matt said...

The second interview went really well. In fact, it went so well, that my wife has to go to a Stanford football game on tomorrow (Saturday night) to see if she thinks she can handle the job. There is one other serious candidate. That candidate will be at the game, too.

What is the job? It is kind of like a cross between a building inspector/emergency planner/police & EMT dispatcher (only during home football games)/community disaster organizer/crime prevention director/liaison to the county sheriff.

Update on the yucky situations: there was a meeting. It looks good.
She will know something late next week.

Thank you, everyone for praying. It is good to see my wife happy.