Monday, April 02, 2007

Lazarus Palms

This past weekend was really good, from my totally subjective point of reference. Saturday night vigil with my friend Jeff and his men went well. I got to the church at six but it took me 1/2 an hour to find parking. After that it went very well. After vigil I took them on a tour of the cathedral, introduced them to the choir director and one of the priests, showed them some of the relics. After that we walked up to Ginger and Wasabi for some Q&A. I was surprised by how few the questions were. Tey did ask about the differenes between Orthodox and Roman Catholic Marian dogma. This brougt up original sin. One of the men was surprised that we understand original sin differently that Roman Catholics and Protestants. I don't think the others knew exactly what I what I was talking about, but I didn't spend a lot of time explaining it because I don't knw how to explain it with out discussing the errors of St. Augustine and Anslem of Canterbury, and that would have taken too long. Overall, it was a good evening.

On Palm Sunday Dr. S made her traditional meal of baked salmon. I could smell the onions a block away from the cathedral. Very extremely yummy. It was announced that Bishop Benjamin will be with us from Holy Thursday through Pascha. Very happy about that. I haven't seen him since last Summer.

No comments: