Wednesday, March 28, 2007

More on my life

I've been pulling some long nights getting ready for the "Tour of HTC". What I do is compile a book that contains introductions and explanations to all kinds of stuff in our Church. History, theology, custom... its in there. After the service I'll give each man a copy of the book and then we'll walk up the block to eat some sushi and do Q&A. I'd appreciate your prayers.

Today, while Basil was napping I taught Anselm the basics of chess. He caught on more quickly than I expected.

Cyndi is applying for and interviewing like crazy. There are two very intersting possibilities. One is at the Stanford GSB. They need someone to be in charge of placing their graduates in jobs. Its kind of a reverse recruiter position. The other job is even more exciting. She interviewed for a housing suoervisor job at AAU but very quickly she and the interviewer realized that she was way over-qualified. But two days later they called her back and told her they are creating a new position that manages, recruits, and trains all of the housing supervisors and asked Cyndi to meet with them next week. Needless to say, we have been having fantasies of moving back to SF, selling the car (have I mentioned that I hate having to drive everywhere?), walking to church, riding muni, spending Saturdays in Golden Gate Park....

Oh, Matt. Don't get too excited about someting that is only a maybe.

In other news, I have been told that something I wrote is going to be in Friday's edition of the Mountain View Voice. I can't wait to see how it was edited.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oooh, congratulations.

My fondest memories of Mountain View involve the Shoreline Amplitheater.