Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mom

Today, like every Tuesday, was spent with my Mom. She is almost blind and doesn't drive anymore. The boys and I picked her up an drove her around on her various errands. We went to the drug store, the teacher supply store (she does the bulletin board at her church and needed some seasonal stuff for the border), we took her to our fave Indian restaurant, Grand India Buffet in Santa Clara, we went to the grocery store and the post office. She was too tired to get out of the car for these last two errands so she and the boys stayed in the car while I took care of her business. On most Tuesdays we also take her to the doctor. Thankfully, today we didn't have to do that. It was a really fun time with my Mom.

Two observations:
1. Teacher supply stores are really neat. I left there with all kinds of stuff: wall chart of constellations, wall charts detailing the cultural contributions of Greece and Rome, a first grade history of California with lots of cool pictures, 4 starter pencils (you know, the BIG ones from when you were in kindergarten), a book on phonics, and a kaliedescope.
2. If it were not for Indian and Thai restaurants I do not think I could make it through Lent.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Amen! Moms rock and Indian food does too.