Tuesday, April 10, 2007

School and Bright Week

Last night during prayers Athanasia chanted "O Heavenly King". When she was through I remeinded her that we don't do that until Pentecost. She then pretended to be a Protestant and insisted that I find in writing who said we don't chant "O Heavenly King" until Pentecost, and why not. It was very funny. She sounded very authentic. Hours later I am still laughing about it.

We finished book two of the Chronicles of Narnia. It was so much fun to watch Anselm get so excited during those last two chapters. Today we went to the Library and checked out book three.

Bright Week is going well. Yesterday I BBQd lamb chops for the boys lunch. I've discovered that brandy, super fine sugar, and a bit of campari shaken with ice and strained in to a cocktail glass makes a very nice refreshment. Tomorrow night we are making a big ham dinner and taking over to my Mom's house. I am having fun just yelling "Christ is Risen" at random moments and hearing Anselm yeall back "Indeed he is Risen". Is there any better way to teach the faith to children? I love being Orthodox. Everything about our lives can be about the Faith if we just pay attention. Going to a paschal liturgy Thursday morning. I've discovered that a mixture of sour cream and blue cheese is much much better than mayonaise for making tuna salad.

As far as schooling goes, we are concentrating on two things right now. Anslem is doing reading and atletics. That is about all. For athletics he is doing soccer and he is taking fencing lessons.

I've been accepted into a distance program from the University of Massachusetts. I'll begin working on a B.A. in Community Studies in the Fall.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Tee hee. Check out Orthodixie, Father has it written there.

It does sound like your Bright Week is going well! Continued Festal blessings.

Mimi said...

Ooop, and Congratulations on your further studies!

Matt said...

Thanks!