Sunday, January 23, 2005

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday was the little boys first soccer lesson. He is as tall as the four year olds. Taller than all the three year olds. But he was the only 2 year old in the class. The other kids did a pretty good job in the very structured environment. My little boy did not. I think he might be too young for this class.

My friend Jeff (of Matt and Jeff Diverge fame) joined us for the Vigil service last night. I don't know what he thought. After church we walked up the block to The Golden Turtle. It was the best Vietnamese food I've ever had. And it is just one block from Church. (That is my favorite thing about San Francisco: You never have to drive anywhere because everything you want to do is within walking distance.) Originally we were going to go to the Greek place across Van Ness from the church but it is out of business. And I'm surprised by that because it was very good. Then we walked up the hill to the Matterhorn, a swiss place, but the host looked at us like we were nuts. ("On Saturday nights you must have a reservation"). But that was okay because just a few steps away was the Golden Turtle. Yum!!!

My Kum, Raphael was at church last night. We asked him to join us for dinner but he was suffering from pretty bad jet lag. Next time he comes to the Bay area I'm going to insist that he stay with us.

I didn't get to go to church today. I had a mountain of homework to do. Got most of it done, too! Very happy about that. Athanasia and the little boy went, though. Athanasia said the church was packed. Lots of visitors. Its kind of interesting being a member of a church that is also a tourist destination.


2 comments:

Huw Richardson said...

It was very good to see you ALL! I was sad not to spend time with you - and even my hosts drug me on out to dinner anyway - I was falling asleep by the middle of it.

Sorry I was not to see you guys on Sunday but there is always next time.

And I'd love to stay with you, but I'd be coming to stay with you: nothing against you but SJ is rather far out of the way for me to say "coming to SF". hehehehehe.

Having said that, I've never been to SJ.

Matt said...

Well, since SJ is closer to Felton than it is to SF, maybe when you come out we can go to St. Lawrence, the Jerusalem Patriarchate church in Felton. July and August look best for us. Email me and let me know when you want coming.