Monday, January 03, 2005

Godmother

The little boy's godmother is now one of my tenants and neighbors. It makes me very happy. We had supper together last night. Athanasia made a lentil soup using the hjam bone from the 3rd Day of Christmas Party. After supper we prayed for Fr. Victor and for the godmother's daughter, who is traveling. I have school tonight (Stats and Trig) but Athanasia, the little boy, and the godmother will be having supper together and praying for Fr. Victor again.

The liturgy on Sunday (St. Seraphim of Sarov) was beutiful. The little cathedral was crowded. I think people are coming to see Fr. Victor one last time before Heaven. I do not know how Father Victor is so strong in the face of death. It is like being in church with St. Ignatius or St. Stephen. I think he must know that even though he is no longer able to sing the liturgy at Holy Trinity Cathedral he soon will be singing the liturgy in the Heavenly Temple.


1 comment:

Matt said...

May the Lord hear your prayers.