Monday, January 17, 2005

30 Stockton (One more thing I miss about S.F.)

The first time I rode the 30 Stockton I was with my two oldest sons who were much younger than they are today. I remember that my attempt at explaining to them the differences between George Bush, Bill Clinton, and George Clinton caused huge amounts of laughter from the young women sitting behind us. As we were riding along about 600 old chinese women got on the bus. Chickens in cages, turtles in plastic jars - lots of pushing and shoving. Lots of uncovered caughing. (A few years later I caught pertussis. I am sure I caught it on the 30 Stockton). I didn't see what happened but someone did something that prompted a guy standing in the aisle to say "Hey, watch it. If you aren't careful she'll feed you to that chicken." I never forgot that.

On Craig's list (My wife has actually met Craig.) there is an area called "Best of Craig's List". One of the entries is another person's story about what he saw on the 30 Stockton.

No comments: