Friday, October 03, 2008

This day

Athanasia left for work at 6 am. I got the boys out of bed, dressed, and fed. Anselm Samuel as at school at 8:30. Basil Wenceslas was at Kidspark by 8:50. Then I went to the hardware store to door locks, faceplates, and closet sockets. Zoomed back to the apartments to change the locks, install faceplates and sprockets, put up the blinds (bought yesterday), and OH NO!!!! The cleaners didn't do their job! Where are the cleaners? Where is the painter? There is a pile of trash on the dining room floor, there is dirt in the corners, there is dust on most surfaces. RACE RACE RACE to get everything done by noon, which is when the new tenant is comming. Changing locks, shoot! THey've changed the design since last week. How does this thing come apart. Oh, I'll read the directions. Stripped my drill's phillips bit. OUCH! I hate steel screws. From now on only brass. Got the faceplates on... "Oh! Hi! You want the keys now? Yes, the cleaner was a no-show... That's so kind of you. YEs, moving in will just mess the place up again. You're right, no reason to worry about it. THank you. Let me get these blinds up and we'll do the move in walk though" ... And here in the kitchen you'll see the paint is new, the refrigerator is clean, the garbage disposal is... um, It's broken. Hmmmm. It was working a few days ago. Is it okay if I fix this later this evening? Oh, thank you. Yes, It'll be.... Oh you're gay. No I had no idea. If you hadnt told me I never would have guessed. Um... No... I... I'm not voting for Obama/Biden. Yes, he has been a Senator a long time. No, I've never been to Alaska. Your daughter babysits? Yes, L.A. is like that. Yes, you're right, you are an open book. Welcome to your new home. Here are the keys. Sign here, please." Zoom to pick up Ansnelm Samuel and Basil Wenceslas. Very tired. Just got a phone call from Athanasia. She was in a meeting and missed her ride home. Gotta go and get her now. I am glad tomorrow is Saturday. Shoot! I was supposed to depost the rent checks in the bank today!!! YIKES!!!

No comments: