Thursday, October 23, 2008

Polamalu is a team captain

I don't really follow sports at all. In fact, I didn't even know baseball season was over until my wife told me. I still don't know who won the world series. Anyway, If I have a reason to follow a sport it usally has nothing to do with the game itself, which usually is irrational and confusing. I mean, I just can't see the point in getting excited about moving a ball back and forth on a field. I kind of like baseball though, if I have season tickets and go to at least half the home games, and they are in San Francisco, and I can drink beer and watch the sailboats out in the bay. That's nice. But anyway, I'm off topic. I wanted to mention that the Orthodox NFL player, Troy Polamalu is a team captain. I don't know when it happened, but congratulations Troy.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

The world series is currently going, the Phillies won the first game.

I love that there's an Orthodox NFL player. A convert, no less.

Anonymous said...

Well, so much for my baseball knowledge. I think our original conversation went something like this...

Matt: "Is baseball season over?"
Me: "Yeah, I think so."

Mimi said...

Well, the Rays tied it up, next game is on Saturday.

I'll keep you posted :)

But, I love your conversation, we have those too - usually about like basekteball season. When does that start and stop, who knows?

Mimi said...

Phillies 3 Rays 1 Game tonight.

(it's my mission to keep you guys posted now! Grin)

Matt said...

Thnks! My wife and I were wondering if its "Rays" like from the sun or "Rays" like stingrays. She thinks its the fish and it must be a coasal city. My guess is that it is a city in the desert, such as Tuscon or Phoenix.

Mimi said...

Game five was suspended in the sixth inning due to rain and was a 2-2 tie, continues tonight.

And, it used to be Devil Rays - like the manta, and they shortened it a year or two ago.