Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ninth Day of Christmas

Woke up at 4am could go back to sleep so I got up and did morning prayers. Made coffee. Woke Cyndi and the boys up at 6:20.

Panettone for breakfast!!!! (We have had several panettoni since the beginning of the feast. Whole Foods 365 was the only one we didn't like.)

Took Cyndi to work and then the boys and I drove to the summit of the Montara Range (really, it is just the northern end of the Santa Cruz Range) to where my Dad is buried. The headstone isn't there yet, just a plot number and netting to hold the sod down. It is very strange to think that the man I was talking to just a few weeks ago was under that sod. Prayed the trisagion for him. Holy water.

I was up late last night stuffing the Christmas letter into envelopes. Found out today that the post offices are closed for mourning. I remember Pres. Ford, barely.

On New Years Eve we had popcorn, hot chocolate and watched 2 movies: The Grinch (with the voices of Frankenstein and Darth Vader) and White Christmas. Rosemary Clooney sounds better than human bengs should and looks fabulous in that black velvet dress. It is such a good movie. It makes me feel nostalgic for a time that probably never was.

No comments: