Sunday, January 07, 2007

Four new Orthodox Christians

Today at my parish four people were were brought into the Church. Two by Baptism, two by Chrismation. (We need a new building. But that will be a different post.) How to describe this to my EvProt and/or Pentecostal family?

Orthodox think of Baptism as being Born Again (see the Confession of St. Patrick), but EvProts and Pentecostals tend to think of Baptism as something not very important or even optional. Orthodox think of Chrismation as being Baptised in the Holy Ghost and fire. But Pentecotals would not recognize Chrismation. So, tomorrow when my Mother (I'm taking her to a doctor appoitment) asks how church was today, I'll probably just say "It was good. How were services at your church?"

Tonight I made mulled cider and roasted chestnuts for Anselm and I. The cider was good but I forgot to slice open the chestnut shells before roasting. The sound reminded me of a cluster bomb going off.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Many Years!