Sunday, August 28, 2005

Wow! what a day!

I was lazy and didn't get out of bed until late. (8:30 a.m.) So the little boy and I went to St. Stephen's in Campbell. Cyndi had to work so she didn't go.

While I'm standing in the church, just after the epislte reading my cell phone went off. I said "Shit!" as I attemptede to get it to stop sounding. People stared. I don't know if it was the phone or what I said that got their attention.

I should have taken the call. It was my wife, but I didn't know it because I didn't look to see who was calling. I was just trying to make it be quiet. Athanasia was sick. But I didn't know she was sick until a long time later. After liturgy, the little boy and I went to Home Depot. I bought him some nails, and they gave him some scrap wood. The idea is that we would come home and he would have fun driving nails through the wood.

When we got home something seemed wrong. Then I heard my wife moan. She was laying on the bed in horrible pain and unable to move. Called doctor. Found out what to do. Everything is alright now. But it was scarry for a little while. It was horrible to see her in that much pain.

5 comments:

existentialist said...

I am sorry to hear your wife is sick. Has she found some comfort?
Lord have mercy.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi Matt
How is your wife now ? Does she have an ob/gyn checkup scheduled soon ?
As a midwife, I would urge her to have a thorough checkup **as soon as possible**.
Pain in pregnancy can be due to many causes, some of them very serious. Always wise to get it checked out by an Ob/Gyn quickly
:-0

In my prayers

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I'm glad to hear that Athanasia is okay. Things like that scare the crap out of me. You're in my prayers. My wife feels like she's about ready to pop and she went through some very uncomfortable weeks recently. The baby seems to have lowered position, though, and now she's more comfortable.

I wondered whose cell phone that was? :)

I looked for you after the service, outside, but I couldn't find you. Alas...

-Doug

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry to hear Athanasia was sick, hope she's doing better today too!

Matt said...

Thank you all for your prayers. She is doing better. Just a few short weeks to go.