Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pills

My wife has been doing such an amazing job controlling her blood sugar through diet. It is amazing. All day long she keeps it in the acceptable range. Unfortunately she has lost a little weight, not something a pregnant woman should do. Also, every night, while she is sleeping her blood sugar creeps up. It is as though her own body is her enemy. How can one control blood sugar while sleeping? Well, the doctors say she can't, no one can. So, starting tonight she has to take a pill. She is pretty sad about it.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Someone was telling me the other day with GD that they got up at 3AM and had a glass of milk, and then had to be up by 7AM to eat breakfast. I'd never thought of that before.

Anyway, hugs to Athanasia, I'm sorry she has to take a pill, I understand her sadness. However, the ultimate goal is growing a healthy baby, and that is what she's doing!

She (and you) continue to be in my prayers.