Thursday, August 25, 2005

More news

My very good friend and co-religionist (who I can't name here because I don't know if he has told anyone else) called me this morning and said, "She said 'yes'." Many years to the happy engaged couple!

I just applied for a new job: City Jailer for the City of Alameda. Who knows if I'll get it? If I do get the job it would be fewer hours (even with the commute) and more money. I think I'd be a good jailer.

I have been telling the little boy a story for the last few nights that I think will make a good childrens book. I started writing it down two nights ago, and adding instructions for the illustrator. The illustrator will be my wife. She used to be an artist. It will make me very happy to see her using her talents again.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Congratulations and many years!

What a fabulous idea to do a book - I look forward to it!

Good luck on the job!

layne (herman) said...

i am an Orthodox Christian who works as a Correctional Officer (aka Prison Guard at Washington State Penitentiary)

let me know if i can be of any encouragement.