Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Christmas Review

THINGS I MADE
1 pomander (My thumb was sore for days from pushing the cloves into the apple.)
6 fruitcakes (I ate one but shouldn't have)
2 date nut breads
2 cranberry walnut breads
1 ham
1 crown pork roast
1 goose
1 Astro Weenie Christmas Tree
1 melting cheese man
6 tiramisu (first time to make it)
1 chocolate cake
1 carrot cake

SERVICES I ATTENDED
Nativity Vigil
Nativity Divine Liturgy
Sunday after Nativity Divine Liturgy
Circumcision of Jesus/St. Basil's Day
Theophany Great Blessing of the Waters at Lake Elizabeth

SERVICES I MISSED
Royal Hours
Vigil for Sunday after Nativity
Vigil for Circumcision of Jesus/St. Basil's Day
Vigil for Theophay
Divine Liturgy for Theophany

PARTIES ATTENDED AT OTHER PEOPLES HOUSES
Christmas Day Dinner at my sister's House

PARTIES I HOSTED WITH KATHLEEN
Pre-Christmas for a friend visiting from out of town (the ham)
6th Day of Christmas/Mid Christmas (the goose)
9th Day of Christmas (the crown pork roast)
Twelfth Night (the melting snowman)

MOST UNEXPECTED THING
Kathleen game me a Thermos.  I was instantly a little boy on Christmas 1975 watching my Dad open a Thermos and thinking it was the neatest present ever.  I started to cry.

BEST MEMORY TO TAKE WITH ME INTO THE FUTURE
Calling my sons at their house on the nights they weren't with me and reading children's Christmas books to them over the phone.


1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

You really know how to keep Christmas!! Happy New Year, Matt! Blessed Theophany!