Sunday, January 28, 2018

Smaller Every Day (and other health stuff)

I weighed myself this morning:  267lbs.  That's down from a high of 339.  All of my clothes hang on me, even the clothes I had taken in by a seamstress.  I hate buying new clothes so I'm just going to look like a circus clown for a few months; at least, until summer.  I don't actually have a goal weight.  I just want to feel good again. And I don't want to die from diabetes or go blind or lose limbs, etc.  I'm still not drinking alcohol.  That is hard.  I am sad all the time, I feel burdened and worried about everything.  Except for church, I don't enjoy anything; not food, not sex, not other people's company, not my work, not my family, not my friends, nothing.  For the sake of those around me I try to act pleasant and happy.  All I want to do is stay in bed all day and listen to audiobooks. I think I am still suffering from depression but I didn't know it when I was drinking.   I am going to talk to my doctor about going back on the Prozac.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Please do go back to the doctor very soon; this sounds eminently treatable with medication. You have done and still are doing brilliantly with turning your health right around. Praying for you, my friend.

GretchenJoanna said...

Thank you for continuing to keep in touch here. I am also keeping you in my prayers. God knows your struggles and is with you!