Sunday, January 28, 2018

Walking for Life

Yesterday was the West Coast Walk for Life.  The boys and I, and 50,000 of our closest friends walked through San Francisco; from City Hall to the Ferry Bldg.  The police were nice.  I was chatting with one officer for a bit who said the pro-lifers are his favorite demonstrators.  We are not as loud, never violent, and we don't make a mess.

I picked the boys up at their mom's house (it used to be my house, too) at seven and we drove up to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church for Divine Liturgy.  They got a kick out of the pews and kneelers.  It is a beautiful building.  The deacon doors are as big as barn doors.  The boys want to go back there for one of the Holy Week services.  I'll try.
Basil, Anselm, & Me at Walk for Life2018

After the Divine Liturgy Archbishop Benjamin blessed us with oil from the myrrh-streaming icon of Hawaii.  Thus prepared for the walk we; the boys and I, Archpriest Basil's daughter, and the newly-illumined Roy took an uber car to City hall.  We joined up with other Orthodox and were lead by Archbishop Benjamin in the walk.  Not all the groups were Christians.  For example, there was a group of Chumash from Nipomo playing drums and chanting in their language as they walked.  But the crowd was, by far, mostly Roman Catholic.  (The counter demonstrators were vociferously anti-Roman Catholic.)  I am surprised more Protestant churches are not involved in the Walk for Life.  They might not be aware of it.  Hmmmm.  More marketing might be needed.

My youngest son, Basil still has very grave problems.  I won't go into them in public.  But, if you have a chance, say a prayer for him.

No comments: