Monday, July 26, 2010

Basil's First Confession

My youngest son, Basil Wenceslas went to confession for the first time. I wasn't expecting it, and I didn't prepare him for it, and I have no idea what he might have confessed. But he wanted to go, and my eyes were off of him for a minute, so he ran up to the priest. I thought, "Well, hes already there..." I saw him and the priest talking by the Cross and the Gospel. I saw the priest nodding his head. Then Basil got on his knees and the priest prayed for him.

Later I asked him what the priest said, he started to tell me what he said instead and I said, "no no. We don't talk about things that don't exist anymore. When you go to confession God forgets so they no longer exist." He was puzzeld by that and said, "We can remind him next time". Sadly, that is often the case isn't it? But I said, "no we don't do that. But tell me, what did the priest say?" I was thinking maybe he gave Basil istructions for confession and I wan't to know what they were so I could remind Basil of them next time. But Basil said that all the priest said was "That's okay. That's okay." And I thought, "Yeah, that's right. Jesus makes everything okay."

No comments: