Saturday, January 24, 2009

C 2

C asked me for more information about Orthodox Christianity.

Glory to Christ!
Glory Forever!

Dear C.,

With 2,000 year of history we have a lot of information. I hardly know where to start. I suppose, since you said you want a deeper walk with God, the best thing to do would be to buy a copy of the "Pocket Prayer Book" and begin ding the Morning and Evening prayers. (You might also want to get an Icon of Jesus and face it during the prayers.) This is the elementary practice of all Orthodox Christians. See how it goes.

You can get the "Pocket Prayer Book" and an Icon at: http://www.conciliarpress.com/

They also have lots and lots of books written by and for adult converts. But remember, Ortho-doxy isn't possible apart from Ortho-praxis. I recommend that you do the short morning and evening prayer services.

Let me know how it goes.

In Christ,

Matthew

No comments: