Thursday, September 04, 2008

Puke, Cookies, Fingerpainting, and Faucets

This morning I dropped Anselm Samuel off at school and took Basil Wenceslas to Kidspark, so I could work on the faucet of one of my tenants. Unfortunately, just as I was signing Basil in, he puked all over the place. So, I couldn't leave him there.

That meant I had to tell my tenant that I had a sick boy and could not fix his faucet until after 3:30 when Athanasia would be home to take care of Basil. He was fine with that.

So, what did we do during the day? We made chocolate oatmeal cookies. THey turned out gross. I will never make them again. They are like Clif bars. YUCK!!! We also finger painted. There was paint on the walls of three rooms, on the floors, on the kitchen and bathroom counters. Thankfully, it was washable and a little water and a rag cleaned it up. But Basil had a great time.

Picked Anselm up at 2:15, and then I swept and vacuumed while the boys had an afternoon snack of cheese and crackers and water. My wife came home at 3:30 (She has to be at work at 6), and I got to work on the faucet.

As it turned out, the faucet is obsolete, and what I thought was going to take less than 10 minutes required 2 hours, a trip to the hardware store, and jury rigged replacement parts. Thankfully it works and the parts cost the owner less than $7. And the tenant is happy. Much better conclusion than buying a new faucet, I think.

When I was through with the faucet I took over homework duty (1st Graders have home work!?) from my wife and she got to work on the weekly reports.

THen it was time for the boys to have baths, during which time Athanasia completed our weekly reports and faxed them into the central office. After the boys were through with their baths I went grocery shopping. When I came home they had just gotten in to bed but insisted on getting up to do evening prayers with me. I don't think they are all that spiritual, they just don't like going to bed. What's cute though is that Basil insists on everyone holding a prayer book, even though evening prayers are memorized.

Basil and Anselm are still sick. I'd keep Anslem home from school tomorrow but he missed Wednesday and I don't want him to fall behind.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Poor little ones !
My prayers for a speedy recovery for them both !

Mimi said...

I'm sorry the cookies didn't turn out well.

May it be a weekend of healing for the kids. My prayers.