Saturday, September 06, 2008

I close my eyes: Saturday Soundtrack

Sometimes, not often but once in while, I have a dream that is so good I regret waking up. This song has nothing to do with that. It is a Tony Award winning song written by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber when he was merely 20 years old. ( I wouldn't be born until the next year.) Since then he has written many more great songs, more than I care to list here. (Hmmm. Why isn't he a viscount by now? Surely he deserves more than a mere knighthood. I mean, come on, there are ex-Beatles with knighthoods.) I've loved this song since I was a boy. It has a choir of children, a dramatic bridge, a semi-island rythm, and is written in C-Major. (According to Sir Andrew C-Major is the secret to his success. All his most popular songs are written in C-Major. THis is handy for recorder players. ) Well, without further delay, here is the song, as performed by Donny Osmond. (Mssr. Osmond revived the role of Joseph on Broadway a few years ago).

No comments: