Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Rose: Saturday Soundtrack

As you might remember from the first post of this series, The latter bookend is supposed to be the realsea of the movie "Staying Alive" because that marks a radicalchange in American popular music. But there is a song which, I think, harkens back to the early seventies, though came out after the BeeGees and Donna Summer changed radio.

I never saw the movie. I've never been to her concerts. But I remember being a kid and being totally enthralled by the ads for the movie. And, also as a kid, I,for some reason,thought Bette Middler, whom I had never seen nor heard, must have been very sophisticated. Don't ask me why. Can't answer for the opinions of the boy I used to be; fairly certain I've never seen her perform in movies,on television, or on stage.

Well, this is the song from the movie, the ad for which sent chills down the arms of a 10 year old boy. And the song is so easy to sing along with.

No comments: