Saturday, July 07, 2007

Changing my party again

Currently, I am member of the California Independent Party. But I saw a bumper sticker for Ron Paul yesterday and looked him up on the web just now. All I have to say is WOW!

-He is a veteran.
-He is a westerner.
-He is an OB/GYN in private practice with over 4000 deliveries.
-He is pro-life.
-He has never voted to raise taxes.
-He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
-He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
-He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
-He has never taken a government-paid junket.
-He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
-He voted against the Patriot Act.
-He voted against regulating the Internet.
-He voted against the Iraq war.
-He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
-He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

I am going to change my registration to Repubican so I can vote for him in the February primary. If my wife and I had not agreed years ago not to give money to candidates I would be writing my check now.

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Goodness !
He sounds like my sort of politician.