Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Principal and My Health

I had the meeting with Basil's school's principal.  It went not at all like I was expecting.  When I told him what I went to tell him he said, "Good.  Someone needs to teach Alex a lesson."  He also said that he would instruct the staff to respond slowly to any fight involving Alex and my son, Basil.   

Regarding my health:  I am down to 313 pounds now.  Also, without going to detox and rehab (because those seem scary to me) I totally quit drinking.  My last drop of alcohol was at 7:35 a.m. on Thursday the 24th of August.  It is painful in my knees and elbows for some reason, and I am irritable so I am avoiding people, trying to sleep a lot. Aspirin helps the pain.   And I am drinking a lot of iced tea; also, water with lime juice.   The shaking is pretty bad but I think I'm past the chest pains; none since last night.  The first day I had trouble holding a pen or a fork.  It frightened Kathleen and she tried to talk me into having a drink.  I said no.  I almost gave up at 4 this morning but I knew the man sitting at the kitchen table offering to pour me a drink wasn't really there.  So I just had a glass of water with lime  juice and went back to bed.  I had to just quit drinking because of the diabetes, a fairly recent diagnoses.  Every drink caused burning in my hands and feet.  I am terrified of losing my legs like my aunt Vergie or going blind like my Mom.   I'd rather suffer alcohol withdrawal than experience the complications of diabetes.  About all I eat now are skinless chicken breasts and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and other cultivars of the brassica oleracea plant.  I am not going to die, lose my legs, or go blind!

No comments: