Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good news, maybe. If I believe him.

Talked with my boss. He said he was really sorry we found out about the recruiter. He said he is thinking about moving us to a larger property (e.g. promoting us) but can't do that if he doesn't have replacements lined up. He said he doesn't want us to leave, I told him we don't want to leave, and we both agreed that the status quo is good. I asked explicitly if he is happy with our performance and he said he is. He asked if I am looking for another job. I said I wasn't until last night. We both laughed. Then we talked about an idea I have for bringing in more revenue. He said it sounds good and to try it.

I don't know if we'll be promoted. He said it depends on whether or not he gets the new buildings. I do know this: I don't like being so dependent on keeping one person happy. I have to buy my own apartment building so I don't have to worry about this sort of thing any more.

No comments: