Monday, April 20, 2009

Bright Monday

I woke, at 7:30, before everyone else in the house this morning. So i went downstairs got the bible and came back up and woke them with a big Christ is Risen. We sang the troparion and read the reading for the day. (Does anyone else think it is more than a little ironic that we read about being moderate the day after the main event of the Feast?) I had to deal with a tenant issue, then we ate some more deviled eggs and cheese and meatloaf and fig spread, then I promptly fell back asleep on a chair. I don't know what Athanasia and the boys did while I was sleeping, but when I woke back up at 11 I went across the street to Peet's to get iced tea and iced coffee. It was a scorcher today. Then Athanasia took to boys to a movie. (I kept Anselm Samuel out of School today because it is Bright Monday.) While they were gone I put away some clothes, checked the mail, ate a little. When they came home I said, "Hey, let's go to the beach!" So, we did. Then we had Chinese food. (I bet we were the first people to ever sing the Paschal Troparion in there!) Got home at 9pm. Quick showers for the boys and to bed they went. Wow! What a day.

No comments: