Tuesday, June 26, 2007

176?

Ha! In my last post I said I was down to 176. I meant 276. I haven't been 176 since the week I was graduated from Army basic training. I don't think I'll eer be that light again.

I took the boys to the beach today. Good time had by all, though it was cold and foggy. Watched some seagulls hunting sandcrabs. Basil found a cave to explore while Anselm dug holes in the sand.

Coming home I was run off the raod by a 10 wheeled dump truck while on HWY 1. That was a new and startling experience! I got back on the road and tried to chase him down so I could give his plate # to the highway patrol but he outran me. The last place saw the truck was on Hwy 84 heading inland. It was going about 70 in a 35 zone up into the hills toward La Honda. He was far ahead of me by the time I got to La Honda, but an arborist said he had seen the truck. I drove on as speedily as I thought safe but I never found it. I was appalled that anyone would drive like that on such narrow and winding roads, let alone a behemoth of steel like the truck that sent me off the road and into rough gravel while I was going at 50 mph.

Sometimes, I feel like my life is amazingly boring. Then something like my encounter with the truck happens. I hope nothing like that happens again for a long while.

I put Basil to bed about 7:30. Read "The Wind in the Willows" (beautiful prose. Makes me long for an England that probably never existed.) to Anselm until his mother got home at 10. Doing laundry now.

Prayers at church for Athanasia's mother tomorrow evening.

No comments: