Monday, February 05, 2007

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. My wife bought me two books: Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Wind in the Willows. We also went to Santa Cruz and played ski-ball. Anslem and I won a lot of tickets and exchanged them for all kinds of neat things. The neatest being a whoopie cushion. He absolutely falls on the floor laughing every time it sounds. For dinner we went to my favorite Greek resturaunt. Then we drove up highway 9 to Felton and played at the covered bridge park, or the boys did, anyway. I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad out loud to my wife. It is a good book and I love the information it contains but is written in what I think of as that very annoying repetitious 1st-person self-help-book style. I always feel as though the authors who write in that style think their audiences are stupid. It needs to be rewritten. But the info is good.

In other news, we drove by Prophet Elias and saw that they have an expansion/rennovation program going on. We've got to make it to their festival this year. I've heard it is the best in California.

It was a good birthday. I think it was the best since I turned 18, exactly 20 years ago.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Happy, happy Birthday! Many years~
It sounds like a lovely birthday.