Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Last week and a definition

Last week was a very very bad week. I will not go into all of the horrible details. There was much sadness, sickness, sleeplessness, and anger. There were flat tires and unattained goals. There was one horrible experience at 3 a.m. (My wife is right when she says nothing good ever happens at 3 a.m.) We missed every single service during the first week of Lent. There were too many tasks and not enough time. I didn't feel any relief from last week's suffering until Saturday morning when I made a tripple martini. I say again, it was a very very very bad week.

So far, this is a much better week. Time doesn't heal all wounds, but it does provide proof that human beings can, if not solve most problems, at least, out last them.

In other news, I coined and defined a new word over at Raphel's blog. (You'll have to look in the comments.)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I am so, so sorry to hear of your horrible, awful, very bad week.

I agree with your lovely wife, NOTHING good happens at 3am (with the possible exception of waking up in labor around that time, as I once did).