Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Best Thing About the Internet

Six years ago today I decided to break up with my girlfriend. (She was 10 years too young for me. I only dated women who were 18-25. I was 32. It wasn't smart. I had a lot of boring dates.) So I went to this website where I came across the most amazing woman I would ever meet. She was (still is) older than me. That in itself was kind of exotic. I quickly wrote an ad designed to almost match what she said she wanted. I even lied about being a scrabble master. Then I replied to her ad. We did a few emails. We talked on the phone. We met here a couple of weeks later. Six weeks after we met we got married in Tahoe. (The exact place was at Caeser's Palace, but it has new ownership and a new name.)
And here I am with her six years later. It never would have happened without the internet.

4 comments:

Huw Richardson said...

Dude! MANY YEARS! And, if I knew that bit of history, I forgot it.

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wink, wink... I love you sweety :-)

Mimi said...

Happy, happy Anniversary!

layne (herman) said...

congrats to you both!!!