Monday, July 15, 2019

Judges

My Dad seems to have had two careers. Prior to 1977 he had one message, a message designed to advance his reputation in his denomination, as my older siblings can attest. I didn't hear it. I have but a few sermon notes from that period of his life. In 1985 he destroyed all his notes and sermons from that period of his life. After 1978 and the Jesus movement his message seemed to change. He preached a lot from Judges, 1st and 2nd Kings, the Gospel of John, and Ephesians after that. In my life I am constantly reminded of Judges and the sermons my Dad preached from that book; probably, not the best thing for a Christian. I should be beyond Judges at this point in my life with Christ. Nevertheless, right now, I am living in Judges 16:4-19. I hope I will live to see in my life Judges 16:28-29. There are no guarantees. Kyrie eleison.

No comments: