Thursday, June 15, 2017

A Vacation and Other Stuff.

Kathleen took me to Sanctuary, a resort on Monterey Bay for a few days.   No kids.  Just me.  Just her.  I don't think I've ever done a vacation like that.  (Kids have been my life for 30 years.) Fires on the beach.  Daiquiris on the patio while watching whales.  Hot tub and swimming pool.  Nothing to do.  We talked about going to the Steinbeck museum (because we are Californians) but decided against it because it was too much work.  It was marvelous.  I think traveling without kids has to become my new hobby.

The garden is still doing well.  I was worried it would die while I was away but it is doing fine.  The flowers we planted for butterflies and humming birds are the first seeds to sprout.

Oh!  It has been a long time since I've posted a Cocktail of the Day so I feel I should rectify that.  This dink is like a daiquiri but it is different.   It is called The Spanish Town Bummer and is named after a small city in Jamaica.

Fill a pilsner glass with ice.
Add two sugar cubes.
Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the glass.
Pour two ounces of Jamaican rum over the sugar cubes. (This drink doesn't work with lighter rums.)
Fill glass with water.
Stir.
Drink.

No comments: