Monday, November 07, 2016

Voting

Tomorrow is election day. Being a Californian means I have to vote on lots and lots of proposed laws. Here is how I decide how to vote on these things.

When I vote no:
1) Is it going to take money from one group of people who cannot be reasonably defined as "all the people" and give money to another group of people who cannot be reasonably defined as "all the people." If so, I vote no.
2) Is my union in favor of it? If so, I vote no.
3) Are either the Howard Jarvis Taxpayer Association or the NFIB opposed to it? If so, I vote no.
4) Does it increase the public debt at any level? If so, I vote no.
5) Does it deprive anyone of the right to control their bodies, speak their minds, worship God according their consciences, or enjoy their property as they see fit? If so, I vote no.
When I might vote yes:
1) Are both the VFW and the American Legion in favor of it? If so, I'll think about voting yes.
2) Will it improve roads, bridges, dams, and other public works with a tax that expires before I should, reasonably, be expected to die? If so, I'll think about voting yes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this nice post. This post is very enjoyable. Offtopic: You may get your needs at Boutiqueken.