Friday, March 22, 2013

Biblical Religion

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.  All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."  Matthew 25:31-33

What does this tell us?  Those who are God's are on the right side.


But when he came to himself he said, "How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough to spare, and I'm dying with hunger!  I wil get up and go to my father, and will tell him, "Father, I have against heaven, and in your sight.  I am no more worthy to be called your son.  Make me as one of your hired servants".  And he arose and came to his father.  But while he was still afar off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion, and ran towards hin, and fell on his neck and kissed him."  Luke 15:17-20

What does this tell us?  That before the prodigal son even uttered a word, his father had forgiven him.


When I go to confession in the Orthodox Church, before I even utter a word the priest puts me on his right.

What does this tell us?




No comments: