Monday, October 25, 2010

Traditions

Yesterday we continued on with our tradtion filled lives.  Each of the last four years we've gone to Farmer Bob's on the San Mateo County coast to buy pumpkins.   We went again after Divine Liturgy yesterday. (Priest was sick so it was a reader service.)  It was raining, a huge storm having rolled in off the north Pacific, but we still had fun.  On the way there and back we read The Best Halloween Ever by the same woman who wrote the Best Christmas Pageant Ever, a story I've loved for years.

I was so happy to find a book that both Anselm Samuel (8) and Basil Wenceslas (5) would enjoy.  It has been difficult recently because Basil still likes picture books but Anselm likes Harry Potter and the Benedict Society, books for which which Basil has no patience.  I'll have to look around for more books like this.  Anyway, we haven't carved the pumpkins yet.  We'll do that on the morning of Hallowe'en, I think.

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Great picture, and a tradition that will always be remembered by your boys. I wonder if it will become traditional to go in the rain? We Californians couldn't complain about that.

Jim said...

sounds like you had a great time! Hopefully, the family and I will go to this Saturday...we'll pick out a pumpkin...I wonder if there are any apples left?