Monday, June 14, 2010

Cast is off and other stuff

1. I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not but Basil Wenceslas broke his arm when he fell at a playground a few weeks a go. He's been a a cast since then. Today the cast cam off and he was allowed in the pool. He is so happy. I, too, am glad it came off. At least once ever other day he managed to hit me with it, always accidentally, and hurt me pretty badly usually.

2. We leave for a few days in Russian Gulch on Friday evening. It has become a family tradition. This will be our third time to go camping there.

3. I have to get two weeks worth of school work done before we leave on Friday.

4. Athanasia and I are thinking about starting our own property management firm. It isn't something either of us has wanted to do, but it seems to be the direction in which providence has taken us. We will talk about it some more when we are on vacation and will begin laying out the plan over the next few weeks.

5. Anselm Samuel begun Latin dance lessons last week. He has two hours of instruction each Thursday and practices at home. My main goal is for him to develop a sense of timing. I think that everything else he has been involved in, because it was performance oriented, was too much pressure for him. This is social dancing and he says it is fun. So far he has learned the basic step to Cha Cha Cha.

6. Devon Abram, my oldest son has changed his plan. He is no longer going to cooking school to be a baker but instead is enrolling in San Jose City College in a few days to study linguistics. He wants to be a language teacher.

Well, I think that's all. I have to work on a paper explaining the history and development of the Athenian constitution, actually, that isn't right. I have to finish the whole thing tonight. So, I'd better get to work now.

2 comments:

DebD said...

I love a family camping tradition. We have a place we love to go to as well, but unfortunately it's been a few years.

Mimi said...

I think #1 encapsulates Fatherhood in a nutshell.

prayers to you as you go through this time of change, and prayerful assessment, and Happy Father's Day!