Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blessings

Often I am stressed over money, housework, nap times, lack of sleep, school, meals, shopping, etc. But I have been watching my youngest son, Basil, play with a garden hose. He is watering all the outdoor plants. It reminded me of when I was a boy, how much fun I had playing with a garden hose. It made me very happy.

My 5 year, Anselm has been learning how to tell time. For the last two weeks he has been working in a Kumon work book. Today he completed the whole book and is able to read an analog clock. I am very proud of him. (I do recommend the Kumon workbook for teaching kids to tell time. It isn't perfect but it works.)

These boys make me so happy.

4 comments:

The Crescat said...

Never heard of those work books, but thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. Do you homeschool?

Isnt it amazing how we easily get over whelmed and when we stop and take a look at our children, we immediately re-prioritize. :-)

Mimi said...

I was explaining to my son the other day about drinking out of the garden hose. Dh and I were talking about how we remember the taste and the warmth - it's a very sensory memory.

Athanasia said...

This is a beautiful image Matt. Thanks for sharing it. You are an amazing Dad!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

They are blessings, aren't they ? I simply cannot imagine what my life would have been like if I had not had my four children.

I might have had more money and more "free" time in which to be selfish, but it would not have made me as fulfilled as my children do......

God bless you and your family, Matt, and grant you all Many Years !