Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kosovo

I talked to the leader of the Sebia/Kosovo task force at the state department today. It wasn't very encouraging. He tried to assure me that the State Department is dealing with the riots. He didn't appreciate it when I told him we bought the riots by recognizing Kosovo. I told him that "Our policy regarding Serbia and Kosovo stinks". I asked forthe under secretary in charge but he wasn't available.
I also left messages for the President, and both of my Senators.
But because we co not put our trust "in princes and sons of men in whom there is no salvation", I have lit candles for Kosovo and the suffering Orthodox Christians there. Even Anselm and Basil did the prostrations. Basil was just having fun, I think, but Anselm knew it was very important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that.