Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Son and the War

We heard from my oldest son. He is doing well, considering he has been in combat for a few weeks. His unit, the 173rd Airborne Brigade is continuing to live up to its deadly tradition. He said they are moving to [censored] today (He called it "down range". That's cute.) and he doesn't know when we will hear from him again. I am very happy. Surviving on the battlefield is the first requirement of victory and he has shown that he is capable. I am very proud of him.

"Bend your bow, prosper and reign, Son of the Mother of God, subduing the people of Ishmael who war against us, granting to our devout King the Cross as an invincible weapon." - A Theotokion of Sunday Matins

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks be to God! He continues to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

God have mercy. I got chills reading this. Matt, I cannot remember his name. Would you share it or email it to me so that I might put him on my prayer list?

God protect him. He is a brave man...in the true meaning of the word. You ought to be proud of him. He has your blood. That is where he gets his courage.