Saturday, November 25, 2023

Christmas Movies

I used to love watching Christmas Movies with my boys when they were little. I miss those years. This year I am planning on watching all of these: Love Actually (2003), The Muppets Christmas Carrol (1992), The Bishop's Wife (1947), Miracle on 34th Street (1947), Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carrol (1963), It's a Wonderful Life (1946), A Christmas Carrol (1951), Die Hard (1988), Santa Claus is Commin' to Town (1964), The Little Drummer Boy (1967), Christmas with the Kranks (2004), Cricket on the Hearth (1967), A Christmas Story (1983), Elf (2003), White Christmas (1954), The Santa Clause (1994), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1967), Remember the Night (1940), Christmas in Connecticut (1945), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989, Home Alone (1990), A Very Murray Christmas (2015), A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965), Merry Christmas (2004), The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017), and The Santa Clause 2 (2002). I am curious to know, dear reader, what would you add to my Christmas movie list?

2 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

I rarely watch Christmas movies anymore, and our family never made watching a habit -- we were more likely to take a walk/hike, or play board games. BUT -- "The Snowman" is one that I like to watch every year, if I can find a child or two to watch with me. Do you know it? I see it is on YouTube, maybe even the whole film.

A question: Have you already started watching Christmas movies? Or do you wait until we have actually reached the Feast of Nativity? I have a few children in my house this year (not blood relations) and they don't speak English, so the wordless Snowman will be perfect, for us to enjoy together. It is to me charming, happy and sad and funny, and the lovely tune, "Walking in the Air," I love to catch as an earworm.

Matt said...

Gretchen Joanna, I was too sick for most of November and December to do much of anything, not even watch movies. On that long list I only saw two and those were during the 12 days. I was so sick I missed every service from the week before Thanksgiving until I went to Royal Hours for Theophany. I have spent the last 4 days trying to catch up on all my usual Christmas activities.

What a blessing to have little kids in your house. I don't have that anymore, at least, not until I get grandkids.

Thank you for telling me about The Snowman. I will watch it sometime today before the Vigil.